Being a member of a professional organization has a wide assortment of benefits. FCS Professionals prides itself in delivering relevant programming and providing numerous opportunities to network and make important connections. For the savvy member, key information or connections from these benefits, can be put to immediate use within their scope of work or personal life. Here is what Karen Smith, one of our members, has implemented from FCS Professionals over the past several years:
Work Life: As a Monticello School Instructor
* Invited Belinda & Bobbi Jensen to visit gardens created for foods classes at a Monticello School, resulting in a story being showcased on KARE 11
* Invited two FCS Professionals members to speak on careers in the food and health industry to students
* Toured the Byerly’s Maple Grove with the 8th grade Culinary Club (75 students), led by a Byerly’s Food Expert, a connection via FCS Professionals
Work Life: As a Healthy Oilseeds Employee
* Became part of FCS Professionals mentor program and received excellent coaching to transition from teaching to business
* Hired one of the food safety consultants at a Food Safety Conference to do third party certification at Healthy Oilseeds
* Took class from Food Safety Consultant to become FSPCA certified
* Networked and made friends, of numbers too numerous to mention, with other FCS Professionals members
* Brought daughters to meetings including one which featured a member panel sharing information about their careers
* Members provided personal stories and experiences to her high school daughter who was writing a paper “Women In Business & the Glass Ceiling”
* Purchased her home kitchen appliances at ALL, Inc. after a meeting and tour held there
* Sorted and organized home spice cabinet after a meeting presentation by a McCormick Spice employee
Being a member of FCS Professionals is a real bargain! Amy Lindgren, a Twin Cities career consultant, believes the networking benefit alone is worth the cost of membership. Help us spread the word as a way to grow our organization! Share these benefits with two to three students, friends, relatives or neighbors who would benefit from joining. We have the tools that will enhance their work and personal life!
Join the discussion One Comment
Karen is a super star and developed herself as well as contributing to others growth and development.
Thank you for all the ways you make a difference in our lives.